Subject: Re: install and update together
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2001 02:33:28
Quoting Thomas Klausner (26-May-01 09:14:49):

> Mutt made me believe that Georges Heinesch wrote:
>> How can I install pkglint 2.54 and update perl-k from 1.0 to 1.1
>> simultaniously?

> cd pkgsrc/pkgtools/perl-mk
> make update

Should one of the following be said before "make update"?

1. make clean
2. make clean-update

I'm not sure whether it's good to start the installation of pkglint,
which aborts then with the message that perl-mk should be updated. Is
there no other way to find out that the installation of pkglint would
require an update of perl-mk before the installation of pkglint is
actually commenced?

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg