Subject: Re: bochs package version number
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/26/2001 07:39:12
Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> wrote:

Frederick> On Fri, 25 May 2001, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

> Should it be ok to change the number to reflect the
> original distribution, or keep it with date-based style
> 2001.05.16?

Frederick> I think it would be OK to use the proper version
Frederick> number. Nothing depends on bochs, that would need
Frederick> to use DEPENDS+=boch>=, and "lintpkgsrc -i"
Frederick> detects version skew, without regard for order.

OK, then I'll commit them.  Thanks!

BTW, I hav no success to NetBSD/i386 booting under bochs.
It panics during device autoconfiguration with the message
below while FreeDOS runs well.

bochs: panic, *** io read from vga port 3c3

So I wonder that there are some issue in protected mode
emulation code.  I didn't try FreeBSD nor Linux so far.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
http://www05.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ba2/kei_sun/