Subject: Zoularis issue with limits.h ? (Causing python not to compile)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2001 13:38:33
I'm trying to chase down a problem with building Python under Zoularis, and
I've gotten as far as figuring out that including <limits.h> seems to
be the triggering factor, but haven't gotten much farther than that.

The problem:

When compiling python, it gets to the Modules directory, and does this:

gcc   -I/usr/pkg/bsd/include -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./bsddbmodule.c
In file included from /usr/pkg/bsd/include/machine/types.h:55,
                 from /usr/pkg/bsd/include/sys/types.h:48,
                 from /usr/pkg/bsd/include/stdio.h:44,
                 from ../Include/Python.h:42,
                 from ./bsddbmodule.c:16:
/usr/pkg/bsd/include/machine/int_types.h:48: syntax error before `typedef'
*** Error code 1

A quick glance at the code revealed nothing obviously wrong; the syntax
error comes from a file included by stdio.h, so I compiled a short test
program with an #include <stdio.h>, but as I expected it was fine.
When I #included the Python.h file, however, the same problem manifested
itself, so I began commenting things out.  When I commented out the #include
of <limits.h>, however, the test program compiled successfully.

This is the point where my unfamiliarity with Zoularis (and, for that matter,
Solaris) makes it difficult for my to go much further... does anyone have
any idea what might be wrong?  I'd really like to fix this, because I
need to use the pkg system under Solaris for an upcoming project...

Thanks,
+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz