Subject: Re: emacs category?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Jason Beegan <jtb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2001 22:08:55

> oh, and my other question is this:  What if i want the package to work
> under both emacs _and_ xemacs at once?  In case i have some users who want
> emacs and some who want xemacs?  Looking at math/calc as an example, I
> see:

I suppose we could work out a scheme that would allow installation for
both simultaneously. FreeBSD has a "bsd.emacs.mk".

OTOH, most of these packages are available as "XEmacs Packages"
(cf. editors/xemacs-packages, which only contains a portion of them).

Debian have some kind of Emacs Policy for handling this.

-- Jason