Subject: Re: emacs category?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2001 16:54:32
oh, and my other question is this:  What if i want the package to work
under both emacs _and_ xemacs at once?  In case i have some users who want
emacs and some who want xemacs?  Looking at math/calc as an example, I
see:

.include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"

.if defined(USE_XEMACS)
MAKE_ENV+=      EMACS=xemacs
DEPENDS+=       xemacs-[0-9]*:../../editors/xemacs
SITE_LISP=      lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp
.else
MAKE_ENV+=      EMACS=emacs
DEPENDS+=       emacs-[0-9]*:../../editors/emacs
SITE_LISP=      share/emacs/site-lisp
.endif

PLIST_SUBST+=   SITE_LISP=${SITE_LISP}

which basically says, it will only install to either emacs _or_ xemacs but
not both.

hmmm, more confusion.