Subject: Re: DEINSTALL scripts for daemon packages
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2001 16:19:37
On Thu, 24 May 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	By putting in in DEINSTALL you lose the ability to have
> 	'check to see if it would be OK to remove this package'
> 	functionality.

Right. s/DEINSTALL/REQ/ (do we still support that?).
From pkg_delete(8):

     If the package contains a require file (see pkg_create(1)), then this is
     executed first as
           require <pkg-name> DEINSTALL
     (where pkg-name is the name of the package in question and DEINSTALL is a
     keyword denoting that this is a deinstallation) to see whether or not de-
     installation should continue.  A non-zero exit status means no, unless
     the -f option is specified.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>