Subject: Re: Some questions on KDE2
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/23/2001 10:25:40
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 07:57:35PM +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:
> I've not seen any of the problems you mention (some because I haven't
> used that part of KDE) except for the last one... The change is not in
> the current libtool cvs, but I intend to point it out to the libtool
> guys.

If there is interest, I'd polish up a patch for NetBSD's
libtool package (which would probably mean that the "nb"
number should be bumped up).

> Have you tried bugs.kde.org to see if any of your problems are
> mentioned?

Yes and no. For the kmail problem, I did not find a problem
report which seems to describe exactly the problem I had...

With artsd, I'm not sure that it is a problem of KDE itself:
I can usually play sounds via /dev/audio, but artsd always
reports that it cannot find a suitable method (oss, etc.)
or something like that (I don't have access to the machine
at the moment). This is on NetBSD/i386, netbsd-1-5, with
audio0 at auvia0.

I do not expect anyone having a look at my infrequent konqueror
crashes :-) But maybe the drkonqi problem is related? What does
the drkonqi process for exactly?

Regards
    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
Ingolf.Steinbach@jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147