Subject: RE: 2 pkgsrc questions
To: Jukka Marin" , "Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2001 15:52:48
The short answer is "by hand".

I look through the dependencies and make sure I install the stuff that is
required before I install the actual package on the little machine.  On the
big machine, I just suck it up.

The Big machine has a huge hard drive, and unless I actually set the package
up to start on the big server, it's just taking up space I wouldn't use for
anything else anyway.

What I should start doing is "make package" and packagize the programs.
That way the package system will handle the dependencies through binary
packages.  Since the whole tree is exported, the binaries go along with the
distfiles and the directories as a free ride.

Dave