Subject: Some questions on KDE2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf.steinbach@jena-optronik.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2001 10:17:37
Hi,

before I file PRs, I'd like to know if others have similar
problems with KDE2 from pkgsrc:

1) kmail always terminates after receiving all mail via
   pop3. It does not issue an error message (at least I
   did not see any, even if I started kmail from a shell).
   After opening kmail again, the newly received mails
   (i.e. those received just before kmail terminated) seem
   to be completely inserted into the correct mail folders.
   Receiving mail from a local directory works well.

2) artsd does not work: Even if I specify /dev/audio explicitly,
   there is no sound. (The audio device is configured at
   boot time.)

3) Sometimes konqueror hangs and cannot be closed via the
   "Alt-F4" window menu item.

4) There are sometimes "drkonqi" processes running forever(?)
   and eating up CPU cycles en masse.

5) Has anyone tried to update the packages to 2.1.2/2.1.1?
   I have some difficulties: there is this lt_dlopen_flag
   introduced in KDE's ltdl library (to be found in kdebase/
   libltdl/ltdl.c) which is not (yet?) in the libtool package.
   Is this sort of a hack? Should lt_dlopen_flag added to
   the libtool package? (Note: I did not verify if there were
   changes regarding this flag to the libtool package during
   the last two or three weeks...)

Regards
    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Steinbach                       Jena-Optronik GmbH
Ingolf.Steinbach@jena-optronik.de       ++49 3641 200-147