Subject: Re: qmail package?
To: Jason Beegan <jtb@kurwenal.com>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/17/2001 15:35:39
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:04:56AM +0100, Jason Beegan wrote:

> > Greetings,
> >
> > I was not able to find a package for the "qmail" mail
> > transfer agent.  Is there really no such package?  If so,
> > this is really quite astonishing.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Graham
> >

> It's not really astonishing if you read the conditions:
>
>      If you want to distribute modified versions of qmail
>      (including ports, no matter how minor the changes are)
>      you'll have to get my approval.

Look at pkgsrc/net/djbdns:

RESTRICTED=	"Redistribution of modified package is forbidden"
NO_BIN_ON_CDROM=${RESTRICTED}
NO_BIN_ON_FTP=	${RESTRICTED}

I believe that we cannot redistribute binary packages, but it is
okay to provide patches to unmodified source.

--
/* [zuntum] zuntum@netbsd.org , [WWW] http://zuntum.net */