Subject: Re: distinfo files for multiple architectures
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2001 19:01:56
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 8 May 2001 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
>
> > what about including PATCHES_DIR in distinfo?
> >
> > (patches.i386/patch-aa) SHA1 ......
> > (patches.sparc/patch-aa) SHA1 ......
>
> Multiple "patches" directories, in order to make "distinfo" work?
> That's... ironic.

actually its multiple "patches" directories in order to make 'make patch'
work and then the problem is what to do with the different possible
"patches" directories for the distinfo file, hence the suggestion that we
specify exactly which patch is the one in question.

I'm more than open to other solutions though.

-Dan