Subject: Re: pkgsrc installing binary packages
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/03/2001 02:14:49
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Can anyone explain this? Provide (or point me to) further documentation?
> Or is my idea not implemented? If not, is anyone interested?

bin-install:
        @if [ -f ${PKGFILE} ] ; then                                    \
                ${PKG_ADD} ${PKGFILE} ;                                 \
        else                                                            \
                ${MAKE} ${MAKEFLAGS} package &&                         \
        fi

Um... what else do you want? If a binary pkg is there, it's installed with
pkg_add. If not, the pkg is built, installed, and pkg'd up for later us.

(I know that we could try a lot harder here, poking various values into
PKG_PATH and things, but, well, I never got around to. :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>