Subject: Desirable package's GNU autoconfiguration behaviour ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@script.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/02/2001 13:00:46
Hello,
I only wanted to known what's the desirable behaviour of a package
GNU configure script when it goes hunting around for libraries and such ?

I mean I think it's not desirable to let a package's configure script found
a third party library outside LOCALBASE and X11BASE, right ? Otherwise we
would end up having as many different packages as building machines...

So should I restrict a package's configure hunting field according to
what the user requested with make variables like PKG_USE_WONDERFUL_FEATURE
(or throught a separate package like the py-* or p5-*) and
from there introduce appropriate dependencies ?

Stoned.