Subject: Re: pkg_create dumping core (NetBSD-current)
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/27/2001 04:20:29
    Date:        Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:04:52 +1000
    From:        Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>

  | I had pkg_create core on me as well, my stupid reason was that I
  | was trying to build packages that relied on /usr/X11R6 stuff,
  | when it wasn't there.

I don't think it is anything quite that simple.   Or rather, perhaps the
reason it dumps core for those packages is that simple, but it shouldn't
be dumping core for any reason.  Perhaps the two pkgs are assuming something
is installed, but not adding a DEPENDS for it (as I said in the previous
message, the packages might be broken, though they both compile correctly,
and as far as I can tell, work), but that's no excuse.

It certainly isn't something as simple as X11R6 missing though, I have
everything from the base NetBSD distribution installed.

kre