Subject: Re: listing change of installed packages
To: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2001 22:44:09
Hi!

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
> It seems as if it'd be a simple thing to code, so if anyone else is
> interested I can see what I can whip up to do it.  My thought is to just
> compare the list of directories in /var/db/pkg.

sounds worthwhile, maybe as check_packages in /etc/security?
There's already code for check_devices that checks for devices and setuid
files, and compares the list against the previous day, and prints diffs.
I guess adding something that compares an output of "ls -ld
/var/db/pkg/*/." shouldn't be too hard.

Of course checking more than the directory (pkg_info -BbSs, pkg_admin
check) comes to mind immediately after that...  :-)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>