Subject: Re: Mozilla+v6 == complete loss
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2001 19:21:10
>I don't know exactly what causes it, but I've observed empirically
>that that v6 support added to Mozilla has made it INCREDIBLY
>unreliable.  Attempting to browse a site using doubleclick almost
>always causes the browser to wedge, eating 100% of the CPU, within 2
>or 3 clicks.
>
>This NEEDS to be fixed, even if it means ripping out v6 support.

	maybe this is not related, but anyway, Mozilla network part is,
	IMHO, unstable regardless from IPv6 support.
	- it does not even try multiple IPv4 address listed on h_addr_list.
	  it only tries the first IPv4 address available, and not others.
	- if IPv6 support is enabled, and IPv4/v6 addresses are returned,
	  it tries to contact first available IPv6 address only.  no fallback
	  to IPv4.

itojun