Subject: Re: openssl license?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2001 13:26:50
--RpqchZ26BWispMcB

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 02:11:42PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> MOST of the code in openssl has a BSD-style license. Some of the
> modules (I believe IDEA and RC5) are unrestricted for non-commercial
> use only; they seem to require an arrangement with the patent
> holder(s) for other uses.

Weird; none of the .h or .c files in those directories say anything
about that.  In fact, they all claim copyright by Eric Young.

Seems kinda irresponsible, if they're really patented.

Chris

--=20
Chris Jones                                          Mad scientist at large
  www.netbsd.org www.postgresql.org www.schemers.org www.python.org

--RpqchZ26BWispMcB

--RpqchZ26BWispMcB--