Subject: Re: Perl package modification
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/13/2001 19:49:56
> If you change "c++" back to "cc" here, I'm happy with it.  The use of "c++"
> will include libstdc++, which /usr/pkg/bin/perl should *not* depend on.  Use
> shlib dependencies for that.

Sorry, I need the c++ here. Xerces-P is a Perl API for Xerces-C, which
is written in C++. At link time, some C++ specific stuff (such as
__pure_virtual) is requiered for it to run. This stuff can be find in
libgcc.a, which is non PIC, and hence we need this to be in the perl
executable.

If I replace c++ by cc, this stuff is missing, and it won't link. What
is the problem with perl depending on libstdc++?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
"Le 80x86 n'est pas si complexe - il n'a simplement pas de sens"