Subject: Perl package modification
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2001 18:02:46
I already asked this a few days ago and got no answer. In order to make
Xerces-P working, we need to modify the Perl package. This is about
changing the link command for the perl executable from this:

gcc -L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-E -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -o perl perlmain.o
lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a  libperl.a `cat ext.libs` -lm -lcrypt

To this:

c++ -Wl,-whole-archive -lgcc -Wl,-no-whole-archive -L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-E
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -o perl perlmain.o lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
libperl.a `cat ext.libs` -lm -lcrypt

Basically this includes all symbols from libgcc.a in the perl
executable, including c++ specific symbols.

Nobody complaining about this? If this is going to break something, tell
it now, don't wait for me to break the perl package with this
modification, please!

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
NetBSD, parceque je le vaux bien.