Subject: auto{make,conf} is a.out -- update to ELF
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/05/2001 00:11:48
I grabbed the latest pkgsrc today.

And when I try to make audio/libao I received:

 Installed package automake-1.4 is an a.out package.
 You are building an ELF package, which will not inter-operate.
 Please update the automake-1.4 package to ELF

So I removed automake, then I received:

 Installed package autoconf-2.13 is an a.out package.
 You are building an ELF package, which will not inter-operate.
 Please update the autoconf-2.13 package to ELF

So I removed it, and then I had the same problem with m4 and then gmake.

Now that I think of it, I don't think I should have to remove these.

Why does it matter if these binaries are a.out? (They worked.)

Is this just easier than having the user/admin ensure that a.out support
is working?

(Anyways, I pkg_add'd the pre-built packages in less than a minute -- so
it wasn't a major inconvenience.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/