Subject: Re: not finding libraries that exist in /usr/pkg/lib
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/01/2001 20:13:13
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> Quoting "Tracy J. Di Marco White" <gendalia@iastate.edu>:
> > That's set in LDFLAGS, so why doesn't it work?
>
> Where is it set in LDFLAGS? If it's in the pkgsrc Makefile, you need to tell it
> how to pass it down to the actual program's build system.. if you set it in
> their build system, you need to find a way to tell their build system what
> LOCALBASE is.

LDFLAGS is expanded and added to the environment for both the
"configure"  and "build" targets. Moreover, I can see that LDFLAGS is
passed down from the configure script for at least one of the
"Makefile"'s, just from looking at the patches in rrdtool/patches.

To fix this, I would look at the resulting "Makefile"'s after running
"make configure" from the top. If it's still not obvious what's wrong,
it may help to run "gmake -n" from within the package, looking closely
at the link stage commands.

Frederick