Subject: not finding libraries that exist in /usr/pkg/lib
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/01/2001 16:58:55
I've installed rrdtool from pkgsrc (cvs updated March 30th), and yet
I can't get it to work.  I think the problem is because it's not finding
libraries in /usr/pkg/lib, but I'm not sure if I have something set up
wrong, or if the package doesn't include everything it needs to point
to the right libraries.

kosh: {272} ldd /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-netbsd/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-netbsd/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so:
         -lm.0 => /usr/lib/libm387.so.0
         -lm.0 => /usr/lib/libm.so.0
         -lgd.1 => not found
         -lpng.1 => not found
         -ljpeg.62 => not found
         -lz.0 => /usr/lib/libz.so.0

All of these libraries are in /usr/pkg/lib.

I'd like to understand how to fix this, because I've been attempting to
create a package myself that I can't figure out how to make it use the
libraries in /usr/pkg/lib without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  At least, I
consider having to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH not the right solution.

I'm running 1.5.1_ALPHA, sources updated at the same time as pkgsrc,
on i386.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu