Subject: BMP format problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sanesh Bodasing <saneshb@cat.co.za>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2001 16:38:07
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem printing BMP files with CUPS-1.1.6.3nb2. From the
command line, the "lpr myfile.bmp" seems to go through without any problems,
but nothing is sent to the printer. The job is logged on the web interface
as "aborted". When restarting the job from the interface, you get "Error:
The requested method is not allowed with the resource"

Interestingly, when printing the file from GIMP, the job is logged on the
CUPS web interface as "completed", although nothing prints. Also JPEG and
PostScript files print fine.
I am using NetBSD-1.5 on an i386 machine.

I had the same problem using NetBSD-1.4.2 with CUPS-1.1 and thought the
upgrade might solve it. The problem seems to be with the graphics libraries
and the way CUPS interprets the BMP format.

Any advice on solving this problem?

Regards,
Sanesh