Subject: Re: Jade doesn't work
To: Kogule, Ryo <kogule@mars.dti.ne.jp>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/26/2001 10:35:19
--5p8PegU4iirBW1oA

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 02:05:45AM +0900, Kogule, Ryo wrote:
> Hi forks.
>=20
> I'm planning some document management with dsssl. I tried to install
> textproc/jade on my m68k-apple-netbsd, 1.5-release, but it fell info
> segmentation faults. It happened both binary package and the one I made.
>=20
> My brief trace with gdb found it happened around the function call to
> lookupUnit in Interpreter::installUnits. I searched the archive, but noth=
ing
> told me any clue.

Before you look for anything else, did you consider resource shortage, e.g.
a failed malloc() without testing the result leading to the segmentation
error on access?

Try to "unlimit" (csh) or ulimit -d somebignumber; ulimit -s somebignumber =
(sh)
before starting the application from that shell.

Regards,
	-is

--5p8PegU4iirBW1oA

--5p8PegU4iirBW1oA--