Subject: Re: Undefined symbols using kde package from 1.5?
To: Phil Nelson <philnelson@home.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2001 17:10:52
Quoting Phil Nelson <philnelson@home.com>:
> Close to the truth.  I just loaded up a AMD Duron system with 1.5 from
> the i386 distribution and from i386pkg[12] CDs with KDE ... and most
> everything works.  But the CD player causes my machine to totally
> freeze ... can't ping it, nothing.  No, I haven't tried enabeling
> kernel debugging .....  That may just be my machine ...

CD player has never worked for me, even if I compiled it on my own... I get some
strange kernel message having to do with cd0 (I can't think of it at the
moment)... I can't even check to see what the message is, because my CDROM drive
died last night it seems (whenever I try to play a CD or mount a disc it says
"Operation not supported by device"), oh well..

Jared

--
Jared D. McNeill - jmcneill@invisible.yi.org
Computer Programming Technology