Subject: Re: Continuing pkgtools version problems...
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Jason Beegan <jtb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2001 23:16:23
On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 05:17:08PM -0500, John Klos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read the various posts regarding the new bsd.pkg.mk, and it was
> suggested that a working one would be included with the latest tarball.
>
> I untargzipped the pkgsrc.tar.gz dated 8-March, 06:48 on a system where I
> had not yet updated pkg_install. It still does not work.
>
> Will this be corrected soon?

This problem should be fixed already.  I just updated pkgsrc too,
although via CVS.  How did you go about updating pkg_install?

I did something like:

	cd pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/
	make
	pkg_delete -v pkg_install
	make install

If you just tried to build from the pkgsrc/pkgtools directory it won't
work.  For some of the tools you may need to go into the tool's own
directory to make and install (like above).

My pkgtools were a few days old, and as far as I know, there have not
been any changes to pkgsrc relevant to this problem since the tar file
you mention was created.

Jason.