Subject: Re: new message digest support in pkgsrc
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/07/2001 09:11:47
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> : > No, the bump of the pkg_install tools caused problems. It has nothing to do
> : > with the introduction of digest.
> :
> : There _IS_ a problem now. Just "pkg_delete digest", revert your
> : pkg_install to NetBSD-1.5's, and try to install either package.
>
> Right; we'd always been able to update pkg_install, but the addition of
> "digest" made that impossible.  It's been hacked to work by wiz, for the
> moment.

Ah. I just updated pkgsrc/mk, pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install,
pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest and successfully updated both tools on a 1.4.3
system with only minor wierdness: "make checksum" failed over to
ftp.freebsd.org after downloading from ftp.netbsd.org the first time,
and failed (of course), but then, the second time, "make checksum"
worked, and the package built OK.

Frederick