Subject: Re: pkgsrc build failure
To: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/06/2001 17:45:59
On 6 Mar 2001, Chris Jones wrote:

> I just updated pkgsrc from CVS, and it tells me I need new pkg_install
> binaries.  So I go to pkg_install, and:
>
> legolas$ cd pkg_install
> legolas$ make
> ===> Cleaning for digest-20010302
> Your package tools need to be updated to 2001/03/06 versions.
> The installed package tools were last updated on 2001/03/02.
> Please make and install the pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install package.
> *** Error code 1

The "digest" thing is brand new, and clearly there's a snag...

While the fix is being considered, I suggest you roll back "pkgsrc/mk"
e.g. "cd /usr/pkgsrc/mk; cvs update -Dyesterday". This will let you
install "pkgtools/digest", or else do whatever you were going to do.
The next update, use "cvs update -A" to clear the date tags.

Frederick