Subject: Re: CVS and kerberos?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2001 16:40:02
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 06:20:30PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

 > The major problem is that a lot of structure fields are named differently
 > in heimdal, and exposed to user programs. I think that it would make the
 > world a better place if heimdal stopped suffering from NIH and followed
 > the MIT naming structures.

That's not really the problem -- the problem is that apps use things
that are not part of the documented API.

Heimdal is an *independent* Kerberos implementation, which, as far as
I know, was written according to protocol and API documentation.  It's
no wonder things that are *internal to the implementation* are different.

I think they can hardly be faulted for atrocities committed by other
programmers.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>