Subject: Re: gcc and patches
To: Michael Rauch <mrauch@fs.tum.de>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/26/2001 14:00:01
Michael Rauch <mrauch@fs.tum.de> writes:

> as the package lang/gcc (2.95.2) is not yet supported on NetBSD/sparc 1.5,
> I've hacked a little bit around and have now a running version. I'm now at
> the stage where I'd like to submit these patches back to NetBSD, but
> couldn't find real info what would be the best way (well, except that I
> should write a PR.) E.g. I have to modify existing patch-files, patches to
> patch-files or just the new version?

That good news!  Judging from other PRs, people generally provide a
path against the existing package structure, so I say for you to
generate a large unidiff against the existing patches.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/