Subject: Re: pkg/12140: cross/mipseb-netbsd does not work (for kernels, at least)
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2001 21:01:18
>Is there some reason why all the possible targets supported bin binutils
>aren't simply enabled here?   It isn't going to cost a huge amount (or
>not over what the targets that are supported already cost).

	there seem to be limitation in # of platforms we can put in
	pkgsrc/cross/binutils/Makefile.  in fact, i went into some
	trouble with it, and added the following comment.
	the limitation is in /bin/sh, used by configure script in binutils.

># due to /bin/sh restriction, we can accomodate no more archs

	also, it looks that there's some problem in binutils if we enable
	32bit and 64bit sparc at the same time:

># this breaks the `sparc-solaris2' target (which adds sparc_elf32
># which we use for the `sparc-netbsdelf' target
>#ENABLE_TARGETS+=       sparc64-elf

	if someone could do something about these, it would be very nice...

itojun