Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg proposal II (dist as vnd FS)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/26/2001 23:49:44
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

[cd9660]
> after the sup update (but downloading would take more time than
> just sup or cvs, I guess). The problem is that it can't be mounted
> R/W, so users would have to download again to update.

Union mounts are good for modifying "distributions" in many ways,
including mounting from a cheap RO medium while using the minimum of
expensive RW, and the fact that it's easy to look in the upper layer
directory after unmounting to see what files you need to diff to make a
patch :-)

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell