Subject: perl update?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2001 01:12:00
i've been updating my out-of-date pkgs and have whittled the list down
to, basically, perl.  which is where i'm stuck.  perl seems to have
about 28 "dependents".  that sort of thwarts my attack of doing a
make, a pkg_delete, and a make install on out-of-date pkgs.

if i go and remove the pkg by hand and then install the new one...does
everything get screwed up?  or should i really go around rebuilding 28
things after i reinstall perl?  i'm pretty sure that they all just
wanna know the binary is at /usr/pkg/bin/perl...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|