Subject: Re: library handling
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2001 13:43:18
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> One more question: it's an emulation package. It will install Linux
> libraries in ${PREFIX}/emul/linux, which turns to be
> /usr/pkg/emul/linux. However, the path /emul/linux for Linux libs is
> hardcoded in the kernel, so we must put the libraries there.
>
> Is it the user's job to do the link from /usr/pkg/emul/linux to
> /emul/linux, or may I do it in the package install rule?

I think it's OK to do that if /emul/linux doesn't exist.

Some emulation packages already make /emul a link to /usr/pkg/emul if
/usr/pkg/emul/<foo> can't be found, but that bugs me. I've made
/emul/<foo> links to /usr/pkg/emul/<foo> on most of my systems, so I
can play with /emul/<foo> for "<foo>" that has no package. As long as
you don't create the link if it exists already, it won't break
anything for me.

If your package depends on suse_anything, then it's already taken care
of.

Frederick