Subject: Re: library handling
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Alistair Crooks <AlistairCrooks@excite.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2001 04:23:26
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:53:50 +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

>  > Well, first off, are you including the symlinks ".../libzvt.so", etc.
in
>  > your PLIST?  (They're required to be added manually if
SHLIB_HANDLING=NO.)

>  No, they are not in the PLIST (I'm using a dynamic PLIST, but theses
>  symlinks are not in it), and I don't want them to be in it. I don't
>  create thoses symlink, I don't include them in the PLIST, and I don't
>  understand why they are still alive after this! ;o)
>
>  Do you think we need extra symlink anyway? Remeber the package installs
>  libraries for Linux emulation, it's not NetBSD native software.
>
>  --
>  Emmanuel Dreyfus.
>  "L'achitecture x86 est impossible ? aimer." (John Hennessy)
>  p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr

The way that shared libs are handled in the PLIST was changed recently.
Previous behaviour was for bsd.pkg.mk to add the ELF symlinks as part of the
generated +CONTENTS file, which reads its data from the pkg/PLIST file.
Current behaviour is that the ELF symlinks have been added to all the PLISTs
in the pkgsrc tree, and, on a.out platforms, the ELF symlink entries are
commented out.

It's not immediately obvious (a) what scheme your version of pkgsrc is
using, (b) what is in the PLIST which is used to generate the PLIST, (c)
whether you're using an old generated PLIST (look at the work/.PLIST file),
and so it's difficult to give you any certain answers.

Regards,
Alistair

--
Alistair Crooks (agc@pkgsrc.org)