Subject: Gale
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Spies <jeff@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2001 22:03:23
Hi all,

I'm trying to install gale, a instant messaging system, under 1.5 with the
eventual goal of packaging it.  I have a few basic questions though.  First
off, is anyone currently working on gale, or has anyone already tried?  Second
does anyone know the status of:

1) RSAREF
2) The Boehm conservative garbage collector
3) Ian Jackson's asynchronous DNS library (ADNS)
4) Bruno Haible's libiconv

As all four of these are prerquisites for gale to run.

If none of these, or reasonable equivalents, are currently implemented, I'm
assuming the correct thing to do would be to create individual packages for
each of them and then make gale list them as prereqs.

Thanks,
JMS
--
Jeff Spies