Subject: Re: .include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk" and EXTRA ITEM problem..
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@eik.pl>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2001 18:55:27
Mutt made me believe that Tomasz Luchowski wrote:
> # to get USE_INET6
> .include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
>
> .if defined(USE_INET6) && ${USE_INET6} == "YES"
> PATCH_SITES=    http://zuntum.eik.pl/patches/ \
>                 http://zuntum.invisible.yi.org/patches/
> PATCHFILES=     epic4-0.9.15-ipv6-20001212.patch.gz
> PATCH_DIST_STRIP=       -p1
> .endif

Try removing the empty line, I think that should fix it. pkglint is
very picky about paragraphs, and with the empty line you insert a new
paragraph where the PATCH-paragraph should be, and the PATCH-paragraph
replaces the MAINTAINER-paragraph and so on.

On the other hand, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> 	first of all, "make lint" (= pkglint) does not really work if we
> 	use .include or some other directives.  think it as a word of advice.

Actually, it does. It special-cases ../../mk/* though, so it doesn't
lint those (and gets hopelessly confused). Makefile.common and the
like are pulled in, though.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
To live for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain