Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg proposal II
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2001 14:34:14
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	Note: I don't want to turn this into a protracted debate - I
> > 	would support the reorg going ahead later this week whatever the
> > 	state of discussion on patch and checksum files :)
>
> Yeah, it's really not related to what I'd like to do, and if your or
> someone else wants to work on it, fine with me.

   OK, so what would be required:
	a) Update bsd.pkg.mk for one patch file (keeping PATCHFILES and
	   patch-local* as is).
	b) Nuke patch-sum code from bsd.pkg.mk.
	c) Produce a script to remove patch-sum files and merge patch
	   files for all pkgsrc.
	d) Update pkgdiff to handle splitting/joining and working with
	   joined patchfiles.
	e) Update pkglint, and port2pkg to match.

   _Iff_ people are happy with the above, then I'll try to get the changes
   to you in time for your reorg - would that be OK?

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --