Subject: Re: What about startup scripts??
To: Dominik Rothert <dr@astorit.com>
From: Al B. Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2000 11:46:15
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Dominik Rothert wrote:

> > > Also at install time, and again at pkg_add time (via "INSTALL"),
> > > /etc/rc.{,pkg.}conf gets "somethingd=NO" if it doesn't contain
> > > ^somethingd= already, and the user is given some standard direction
> > > (via "MESSAGE").
>
> I think that we should have the configuration file for package RC-scripts
> in ${PREFIX}/etc, not /etc.

I'm torn in my little head between two needs for the workstation cluster
folks with NFS-shared /usr/pkg:

They may want to configure some packages on a per-host basis, which would
need to be in /etc

They may want to configure some packages on a global basis, which would
need to be in /usr/pkg/etc

Which of these is more common?

> -Dominik

ABS