Subject: Re: What about startup scripts??
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Al B. Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2000 19:56:51
On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> the daemons that he want to, and it keeps rcorder from whining. An
> alternative would be an /etc/rc.pkg.conf which gets sourced just like
> /etc/rc.conf.

/usr/pkg/etc/rc.conf you mean :-)

I heavily agree that pkg stuff should stay in /usr/pkg - /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
and /usr/pkg/etc/rc.conf and /usr/local/... as well - but the question is
how to integrate this with the current boot sequence. Ideally we'd be able
to include that in the rcorder, but as somebody pointed out, /usr may not
be mounted at that point :-(

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell