Subject: Re: port2pkg and new FreeBSD port layout
To: Dominik Rothert <dr@astorit.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/27/2000 18:28:36
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Dominik Rothert wrote:
> > I don't use port2pkg myself, but can someone please comment if it was
> > adjusted to the new FreeBSD ports layout? I'm looking at PR 11684, and it
> > includes a number of files that really scare me (pkg-*, files/patch-*,
> > ...).
>
> I tested it today with FreeBSD's xtermset - port2pkg did a good job.
> Of course, no patch-checksums were available and HOMEPAGE was also missing.

The question is: were the FreeBSD-specific files (pkg-*,
files/patch-*) removed, or were they still flying around?
If the latter, then port2pkg should be fixed to remove the files, as
people will obviously think the files are OK for NetBSD, and submit PRs
with such pkgs then. And we have to sort that out later. No fun.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>