Subject: Re: mbone/sdr package
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/18/2000 16:21:34
Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu> writes:

>    > Is anyone using the mbone/sdr package (or directly compiled it outside
>    > of pkgsrc)?  Both my pkgsrc-compiled version and the 1.5/i386 binary
>    > package dump core.
>
>    See PR pkg/11019. I hope to have some time to look at this soon.
>
> Yes, that reports the same problem.  I just grabbed the new package
> contained in that PR and compiled it (1.5/i386).  It compiled and ran
> without dumping core.  I can run through all the help information and
> the various menus from the main panel.  I can't test it beyond that,
> because I'm not on a machine with access to the MBONE.

Now that I'm back from Germany I've tested my patch on a MBONE enabled
network, it seems to work for me.

The only thing that I have found that breaks are going into ``Perfs'',
pressing the tab ``Tools'', and then pressing one of the tools (like
rat). The error message is:

  Error: can't read "(CRYPTKEY)": no such variable.

Any tcl guru might figure out how to solve the problem.

Love