Subject: Compiling pkg_install on freebsd/linux/solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@purplei.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/15/2000 13:27:25
	I have a friend who is looking to automate package installation
	for his company across a set of NetBSD, FreeBSD, Linux (assorted)
	and Solaris (x86/sparc) machines.

	FreeBSD one would hope should pretty much Just Work, modulus
	an updated make and maybe a couple of other tools. Solaris has
	Zoularis, but what is the state of play with respect to Linux?

	I wondered if any move had been made towards getting pkg_install
	to compile and install on other systems without requiring zolaris
	or similar (assuming md5, db, and other libraries are already
	present)...

		David/absolute		(Purple Interactive)