Subject: Re: Nethack - x11tiles
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/26/2000 12:23:32
> AFAIK nethack-x11 doesn't have pretty graphics, it's just the ascii
> version but with x11 windows popping in and out all the time. IMHO it's
> pretty annoying to play and I prefer a simple xterm-based solution.
>
> If you want ``pretty'' graphics, try nethack-qt.

Ah, but it does.  I assume they are the same graphics as in nethack-qt.  The
snag is that they are not installed correctly because of the way that nethack
has been split up.  Install nethack-x11 from the package system, rebuild the
x11tiles file in the work directory, replace the x11tiles file in nethackdir,
set :

	*Tile_file:	x11tiles

in your X resources and away you go.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD