Subject: Re: Gnome-lib compile error's
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2000 18:28:37
At Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:39:08 +0900,
itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >I am trying to rebuild the gnome-core package however, I get the following
> >error during the compile of gnome-lib.  Is this the same sort of ELF a.out
> >issue that affected Python2.0.  Is there a patch available to resolve this??
>
> 	this seems to me a missing include (gnome-pty-helper.c needs
> 	sys/socket.h).

It looks like that gnome-pty-helper.c includes sys/socket.h.
I guess g.todd was trying to build gnome-lib on a 1.4 system,
which doesn't have CMSG_SPACE.

Actually, I tried to fix it in this morning, but gave up as this
bug looked like a rather complicated one.  :-)

(To fix this, I need to understand what CMSG_ALIGN means first.)

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro