Subject: Re: keeping KDE v1 and v2 in parallel?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2000 09:22:39
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> >       just curious, do you allow both of them to get installed, or do you put
> >       CONFLICTS+= to allow only one out of two?
>
> I think making them coexist is too much work (and diskspace :-).
> I'd say we make them conflict.

Agreed.

> I've working kde-i18n now, and just whacked together some patches for
> ksysguardd... how shall we coordinate this work? Nick, can you collect
> things, or should we really start importing the pkgs, and then fixing
> them?

I can co-ordinate things until we are in a position to commit.

Saying that I guess the only thing from stopping us importing is
libtool-1.4anb1. I done quite a bit of testing on it, but I can't say
I've tested all packages or any platform other than i386/1.5_BETA. Is
there a bulk build environment available now?

Nick
--
aka skrll@netbsd.org, skrll@excite.co.uk