Subject: Re: DEPENDS: -* or -[0-9]*
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2000 16:04:25
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, David Brownlee wrote:

: 	For wildcard depends we tend to use -*, except when we know of
: 	a problem (such as ghostscript-* matching ghostscript-x11).
: 	This leaves problems 'lying in wait' for later package changes.
:
: 	For consistency, and to avoid such problems should we replace -*
: 	with  -[0-9]* everywhere?

This sounds like a good idea to me.  AFAIK, all versions start with a digit,
at least, and this might not prevent, but will at least reduce possible
collisions.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/