Subject: KDE2 packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2000 18:30:23
So I've not had much time to look at KDE2 packages recently. I've made
available what I've got so far at

http://www.nthcliff.demon.co.uk/NetBSD/kde2.tar.gz

They're not pretty and they won't even work as they are... Below is my
list of issues to resolve.

The packages won't work on anything other than 1.5_BETA or -current ELF
platforms as libtool isn't set up properly. I think I updated the
devel/libtool package to work for a.out, but I've lost track.

Please feel free to help :-)

Nick

General Problems
- C++ exceptions in shared libraries
  * Current hack is to build libgcc_pic.a and get libtool to add it in.
- mkdir(2) trailing '/'
- need to update libtool to 1.4a

KDE problems
- kcontrol/info/*netbsd* need patching to make work and not just compile
- LIBS="-Wl,-export-dynamic" in all packages that produce dlopen'ed
  libraries
- kdm problems, i.e cannot login
- kppp is installed setuid unecessarily
- kdenetwork needs changes to inetd.conf
- kdegraphics should DEPEND on ghostscript
- kconsole: chownpty fails needs investigating
- /usr/X11R6/share/kde/sound/KDE_Startup.wav: permission denied
- libkcm_energy and libkcm_screensaver: no shared library as no shared
  version of libXdpms
- add postfix and toor users to list to remove from kdm screen
- kdeadmin: shadow passwords - shadow.h
- PLISTs

Also
- split qt2-uic from qt2-designer
- QDIR::mkdir change to remove trailing '/''