Subject: Re: How do I specify a directory tree for installing one package
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/11/2000 20:47:37
At 4:02 AM +0100 11/12/00, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>>  I wanted to update my copy of bind8. However, the make-reinstall put
>>  named and associated things in /usr/local/sbin and so on because I
>>  have LOCALBASE=/usr/local in mk.conf. How do I tell make-reinstall to
>>  put them in /usr/sbin and to get rid of the old ones? I didn't see
>>  this in the documentation, but could have missed it.
>
>We don't support changing of that either - you could try LOCALBASE=/usr,
>but that's likely to not fit 100% either.

Yipes. So, if I want to update one of the binaries that come in my
NetBSD version (such as bind), I can't do it easily through pkgsrc?
That seems like a misfeature in the pkgsrc concept.

>  Maybe update your NetBSD version
>or compile manually. Or use the version that you got in /usr/local.

I can (and will) do that, but I think that what I wanted to do should
be possible. Maybe I'm wishing for too much.

--Paul Hoffman