Subject: Re: ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=opera-license
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2000 23:39:46
itojun,

You know, I had _just_looked_at_ my local copy of bsd.pkg.mk and thought
about that, that makes sense I think. I believe what Tim might be
thinking of is something on top of that, something that could read that
and help the user out, but I think we both believe this information
could be stored somewhere already there or close to it.

Maybe a simple query tool over top might help? We could use your idea
and just extend a command *somewhere* to figure this out for the user quickly.

This is a touchy area since the idea of having configuration files is to
use the files and not wrap them with tools, but perhaps something added
to pkg_info that could figure out the current config based on settings in
bsd.pkg.mk might help in addition to this example file?

So in addition to the error message a user might receive when they try
to install software that does not conform to their setup, they might get
a message that says "run pkg_info -blah" to see what your current config is
and see "pkgsrc/mk.conf.example" for detailed information?

Of course regular documentation would be pursuant ...

--
Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>